For the start of February, there are already plenty of new things for Pokemon GO fans to discover in the game. With new promo codes in Pokemon GO and raid bosses to fight, fans will have plenty to do for the rest of the month.
And with all the new legendary raid bosses in Pokemon GO, gamers are going to need a strong Pokemon at their side if they are going to capture them. One of the strongest Pokemon, and the safest bet in lots of battle situations, is the Rock and Dark-type Pokemon Tyranitar.
RELATED: Pokemon GO: Best Salamence Moveset
Tyranitar can learn a wide range of different move types and will even prove useful when attacking gyms in Pokemon GO. So for players looking to capture their own Tyranitar, here is a list of useful Pokemon that will help in the battle against him.
As a Rock and Dark-type Pokemon, Tyranitar is most susceptible to fighting type moves along with Fairy, Ground, Bug, Steel, Water, and Grass as other good secondary options. In turn, Tyranitar is most resistant to Dark, Normal, Poison, Ghost, Flying, Fire, and Psychic-type moves in Pokemon GO.
The top five options against Tyranitar are:
- Lucario: With Counter for the quick move and Aura Sphere as the main move. Which should total out to 100% effective damage.
- Conkeldurr: With Counter for the quick move and Dynamic Punch as the main move. Which should total out to 93% effective damage.
- Breloom: With Counter for the quick move and Dynamic Punch as the main move. Which should total out to 91% effective damage.
- Machamp: With Counter for the quick move and Dynamic Punch as the main move. Which should total out to 89% effective damage.
- Blaziken: With Counter for the quick move and Focus Blast as the main move. Which should total out to 87% effective damage.
Lucario is the most effective match up against Tyranitar due to the fact that it has the highest total DPS along with the benefit of the fighting type bonus damage amount. When players capture Tyranitar, know that its two best moves are Bite for its quick move and Stone Edge for its main move, if they want the highest amount of DPS. Depending on the situation and what Pokemon it is against, though, this could vary.
Hopefully, this guide helps Pokemon GO fans plan ahead for how they plan to capture Tyranitar. Tyranitar has some incredibly high base stats, which could easily prove to be a welcomed addition to any trainer’s team lineup.
Pokemon GO is available on Android and iOS.
Source: Pokemon GO Info