In Minecraft, almost anything is possible. Players can build massive buildings, towns, recreations, or even the entirety of Super Mario Brothers level 1.1 in scale in Minecraft. But in order to get there, players not only have to survive long enough to make it, but also learn the basic build blocks in order to help them achieve whatever goal they may have in mind. And one of these basic building blocks is the campfire.
One of the first things players will have to worry about in Minecraft is eating, finding a safe place to build a bed for their spawn point, and keeping things bright at night to see. A campfire can help players achieve all of this; fires can cook food, act as a smoke signal to other players, help players grab honey from beehives, and act as a light source. Crafting a campfire requires a couple of items and a Minecraft Crafting Table.
Campfires can be made out of a variety of items, but three basic items are needed:
- 3 Sticks
- 1 either coal or Charcoal in Minecraft
- 3 of almost any kind of wood
Players can use logs, stems, stripped logs, stripped stems, woods, hyphae, stripped woods, or stripped hyphae for the base of the campfire. The layout of the recipe is as follows:
Campfires light level is 15, and they are lit by default when a player places them down. To put a campfire out, players can pour water on them or use a shovel. To relight a campfire, players will need a flint and steel or a flaming arrow or other fiery attack. Raw food can be placed on the campfire to cook it; one food item can be placed in each of the corners, allowing for four to be cooked at the same time. Food cooked in this way takes 30 seconds to be ready. Lit campfires can also keep Minecraft‘s piglins away if they are not already attacking.
- Minecraft players can create a Soul Campfire if they replace the coal or charcoal with Soul Sand or Soil. These fires glow blue instead of regular orange of campfires. They also emit less light; its light level is only 10 instead of 15.
- Players can turn a campfire into a smoke signal by adding one bay of hay. Normal campfires send smoke only 10 blocks into the air; with the addition of the hay, the smoke will float up 24 blocks instead.
- Campfires can also be used a musical instrument. It creates a bass tone when placed underneath a note block.
Minecraft is available now for Mobile, PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.