Video games fund has been making active efforts in its financing of indie developers and games for a while now, and recently, they announced a massive injection of funds for a total of 23 studios and their respective upcoming projects (via MCV UK).
These studios include the likes of Desperados 3 developer Mimimi Games, The Messenger developer Sabotage Studio, Spiritfarer developer Thunder Lotus, OlliOlli developer Roll7, Oxenfree developer Night School Studio, Star Renegades developer Massive Damage, Trine developer Frozenbyte, and many more.
This flurry of new deals with these indie studios provides an injection for a number of upcoming promising indie titles, including the likes of old-school RPG Sea of Stars by Sabotage Studio, Mimimi Games’ upcoming real-time tactics title, Frozenbyte’s upcoming sci-fi MMO Starbase, and a Persona and Devil May Cry-inspired genre-bending debut title by Fkkcloud.
All these developers will retain rights of their IP and their futures, and have full creative control over their projects.
You can check out the full list of developers (and their respective games) that have received funding from Kowloon Nights below.
- Alpha Channel – TANKHEAD
- Batterystaple – 30XX
- Brimstone – Unannounced Title
- Dreamlit – Towers
- Fireplace – Unannounced Title
- Fkkcloud – Project Kafka
- Frozenbyte – Starbase
- Gathering Tree – TFM: The First Men
- Goblinz Studio – Legend of Keepers
- Kaizen Game Works – Unannounced Title
- Massive Damage – Unannounced Title
- Metric Empire – Unannounced Title
- Mimimi Games – Codename Süßkartoffel
- Night School Studio – Unannounced Title
- Plethora Project – Common’hood
- Rogue Snail – Unannounced Title
- Roll7 – Unannounced Title
- Rose City Games / Picogram – Garden Story
- Sabotage Studio – Sea of Stars
- SIGONO – OPUS: Echo of Starsong
- Sloclap – Unannounced Title
- Studio Zevere – She Dreams Elsewhere
- Thunder Lotus – Unannounced Title