Although Call of Duty: Warzone is a rather simple game to understand, there are tons of tactical decisions that need to be made throughout a match. New players can often be out-skilled due to their lack of experience, and this can turn some fans away from the battle royale title. With a few starting tips, any Call of Duty: Warzone fan can up their game for the next season of content.
Streamers and content creators are professionals when it comes to Call of Duty: Warzone. It is often that they advocate for certain weapon builds or strategies, but these tactics may not be the best for a starting player. Using Call of Duty: Warzone loadout guides assume that a player knows the basics of survival, and with Season 2, adding a zombie threat, survival may become more difficult than ever before.
It is important for new Call of Duty: Warzone players to understand the map, their team, and their personal strategy for Verdansk. While these are usually predetermined by the player, there are some extra tips that can help Call of Duty: Warzone fans get their Kill/Death ratio above 1. Reddit user Matt_V-Twin_Win compiled a list on Reddit of tips they had received that make the game immensely easier. In the comments, dedicated community members were added to the list, creating a great base for Warzone fans looking to improve.
- Predict Shots – It is important to aim ahead of a target rather than at them for higher accuracy and damage output.
- Reposition before Peeking – Rather than continuing to fire from a single position, players should shift to nearby cover and make every peek different for a higher chance of survival.
- Listen to Warzone Sound Cues – Footsteps, gunfire, and vehicles are all rather loud, so it is important to listen for anything that might give away an enemy position.
- Predict Enemy Movements – When the zone starts closing, players should take a look at the map and predict enemy routes to either ambush or avoid.
- Gauge Each Battle – It is important to know when to engage and when to disengage in a fight. Positioning, resources, and other factors can have a big impact on whether a player wins a confrontation.
- Never Stop Moving – Stay mobile to avoid enemy ambushes and traps.
- Be Confident – Once engaged in a battle, go all in and don’t turn around. More deaths happen on a retreat rather than an assault.
- Check Corners – Players like to hide, so it is important to peek corners and be aware when engaging inside of a building environment.
While these Call of Duty: Warzone tips won’t make a player powerful overnight, they can improve most fans’ games. By simply taking some time, evaluating the encounter, and predicting their aim, players have a higher chance of winning their next Call of Duty: Warzone drop.
Call of Duty: Warzone is available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Source: Matt_V-Twin_Win (via Reddit)